Monday, January 28, 2013

a pretend wedding

Aubrey's preschool has a pretend wedding every year that the kids get to be a part of. Their purpose is to teach the kids all about vows, meaning what we say, and keeping our promises in marriage one day. I'll admit that while I am big (HUGE!) on teaching my kids to keep their vows, the whole thing just creeps me out a little. :) Seeing my child dressed up for a wedding, repeating vows, etc. Even though the vows are just an example to the kids of what they might say one day, it's still a bit odd. I will say though that Aubrey came home talking about the importance of keeping our vows and how important marriage was. I can't argue with that.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Coming down the isle...


Saying vows (look how heartily Aubrey agrees to her vows! I was trying so hard not to laugh!)...

And like my friend, Megan says, this picture is just in case they really do get married one day. ;)

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
 

0 thought(s):